Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape


The composition of my painting is an actual landscape of a mountain scene in Colorado. I used a picture that I had taken when we hiked up a mountain in Colorado so I did not have to organize it any different than what was in my picture. When painting this picture one of the techniques we used to make it appear real was atmospheric perspective. Atmospheric perspective is the term used to describe how objects farther away look dulled down and look like the sky is over top of them. To create this appearance we changed the intensity of the colors that were used. To change the intensity you have to mix two opposite colors on the color wheel. By using this technique it makes the colors in the background appear dulled out by the sky. Another technique we used was to create a light source for the painting. To do this I created cast shadows on the rock and trees in the foreground. I also made the sky lighter on one side than the other to show where the sun is. To make the painting appear more life like we used a color scheme that would make it appear more real. My color scheme was a blue/green analogous color scheme. This color scheme allowed me to use any color from blue to green and any combinations of the two. I used many types of brush strokes that showed in the end to make it look like a real picture.To make the trees in the middle ground I used a triangular brush stroke that look like trees. I also used thin strokes to make the grass in the foreground. I used value in the painting to make my rock and ground look more dimensional and real. By doing this it helps develop the light source and makes it more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment